Housekeeper I - Contingent
The Housekeeper I works under close supervision to clean and service rooms by dry and damp mopping of floors, dusting and disinfecting furniture and equipment and vacuuming carpets. Responsible for cleanliness and servicing of assigned area. Able and willing to do all duties required of a Housekeeper I and works all shifts.
- Promotes a customer service mindset. Treats other with courtesy and respect.
- Responds to all request and calls with a can so attitude. Follows up on request with
- a sense of urgency.
- Views everything with a process improved mindset. Constantly works towards the
- improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Dusts furniture, equipment, window sills and surfaces, damp wipe same with
- germicidal disinfectant.
- Vacuums carpets.
- Damp mop floors.
- Empties waste containers and trash, damp wipe containers and relines with clean
- waste liners.
- High dusts and damp wipes horizontal surfaces.
- Arranges furniture and equipment in and orderly fashion and reports any needed
- equipment or furniture repairs to the supervisor.
- Inspects bedside curtain and window drapes/blinds and reports any needed repairs
- or replacements to the supervisor.
- Cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures.
- Cleans restrooms including toilets, sinks, showers and fixtures.
- Replenishes hand soaps, paper towels, tissue and re-stocks supplies.
- Spot washes walls and wall fixtures.
- Damp wipes light lenses within reach.
- Responsible for cleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, and other
- ancillary rooms within areas of assignment.
- Responsible for responding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within
- area of assignment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment interacting with a variety of
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Participates in scheduled department meetings.
- Completes annual age-specific competencies.
- Remains compliant with mandatory Hospital Education.
- Fulfills TB, Immunization, and Employee Health Requirements.
- Remains compliant with department specific education and skill sets.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred
- Previous Housekeeping experience preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Exposed to blood borne pathogens and communicable diseases normally
- associated with a healthcare environment.
- Bending, stooping, standing, pushing and pulling, and reaching on a repetitive basis
- throughout the day.
- Use of telephones and computers may be required
- Walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, stooping,
- crouching and crawling.
- Simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling, twisting and turning.
- Reach above and below the shoulders
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Working near hazardous equipment and or machinery.
- Working with hazardous chemicals.
Part-time and Contingent positions available